Tuesday, July 19, 2011

we love ~ fitness by the sea

Be it Summer or Winter, I love to exercise outside; the gym can be fun, but nothing beats exercising in beautiful surroundings.
I generally run about 6kms about 4 - 5 times a week, and my current favourite spot is the the Promenade in Sea Point. It really is a runners paradise, and and at any time of the day is filled with people running, walking their dogs, pushing their babies in prams, power walking and any other kind of exercise you can think of - I even saw a guy practicing some form of martial arts last week!
However, I recently injured my back sand boarding so for the last couple of days running has been out of the question - but luckily enough I have a special friend who happens to be injured too and so we've taken to 'power walking' the 6kms together, Vida-E coffees in hand. Its actually so much fun, and a rather nice substitute for the running although I can't wait to get back into it!
Anyway, enough rambling, here are some pictures of the beautiful scenery I am lucky enough to see everyday if I so choose :)








Love it - the lady matches the light house :)






xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow your see looks way better than my lake. The area is so empty!! More space for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pictures!

    hope you'll visit
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos - I love to be by the sea :)
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ladies, I love hearing your comments :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your comments ladies, I love hearing what you have to say :)